This term I have learnt that:
1.Nerve impulses to and from the brain travel as fast as 170 miles per hour.
2.The brain is more active at night than during the day.
3.Your brain can not feel pain.
One WOW! fact is that the higher your IQ is, the more you dream.
By Ben M
Here are some facts about the human body that I would like to share with you.
*1. When you smile you make 200 muscles in your face move.
*2. Bones make new blood cells!
*3.Your teeth are not acctually counted as bones! but they are in the skeletal system.
Did you know that bones are actually ALIVE!! and without them you would be dead because bones protect almost all of your vital organs.
This term I learnt:
- There are four chambers in the heart
- Nerve impulses travel as fast as 170 minutes per hour
- The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razor blades
One WOW fact is that, by the age of 60, most people will have lost about half of their taste buds.
1. In one day your heart beats more than 100,000 times.
2. The human body is 75% water.
3. Your tongue has 3,000 taste buds.
The AMAZING fact is: By the time you are 70 you would have easily drunk over 12,000 gallons of water.
This term, I have learnt that:
1. Your fingernails grow about 4 times faster than your toenails.
2. It takes about 7 seconds for your food to go from your mouth to your stomach.
3. Once you turn 30, your body will have experienced over 1 billion heartbeats.
One WOW fact that I have learnt is that the smallest bone is 2.8 millimetres long. It is called the staples and is found in the middle of your ears.
Some facts that I have learnt this year about the human body are:
1. There are 600 muscles in your body
2. The colour of a humans skin is determined by the level of pigment melanin that the body produces.
3.Most adults have 32 teeth.
One WOW fact that surprised me is:
Your heart beats around 100000 times a day, 36500000 times a year and over a billion times if you live beyond 30.
3 things I have learnt about the human body.
I have learnt the following things .
1. There are 7 main/important systems in a human body.
2. Without the Nervous system our body wouldn’t be able to work and so it would shut down.
3.Our skin is always shedding, so that’s why you should change your bed sheets every week.
And now 1 MEGA WOW FACT
There’s something unique about all of us, and it’s not just your fingerprint. Every human has a unique tongue print, too.
1 We have more than 600 muscles.
2 Or body is 70% water.
3 We have unique fingerprints and unique tongue prints.
But one mind blowing fact is that Your heart beats around 100000 times a day, 36500000 times a year and over a billion times if you live until your 30.
This is what I have learnt so far in term one.
1. I have learnt that baby’s have more bones than adults
2. You have three layers of skin
3. Kids have more teeth than adults
And my wow fact is that the skin is an Organ and if you get burnt by fire on your arm the burn can go throw all your layers of skin.